Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Reflections: Attitude

Courtesy of Northern Exposure


Attitude is a manner of thinking, feeling, or behaving that reflects a state of mind. Attitude influences the behavior of the individuals. (credit)

Courtesy of Flickr

Attitude, in life, is everything

Courtesy of Flickr
It is how we approach the world, filter it as we absorb it, and allow it to form us. Attitude has three components, affective, behavioral, and cognitive. They involve the way we feel about something, the way we react to it and what we believe about it. By choosing and encouraging a positive attitude we are choosing to heal rather than hurt. 

There are negative stigma's associated with having PTSD we can educate ourselves and those around us thereby encouraging a more positive attitude about it and in ourselves. Choose to grow through your pain, refuse the stigma and negative attitude and work to change them. You will feel better for it I promise. I know because I've been there.

I will be writing more about how to do this, so subscribe, like me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter for updates and posts.
Courtesy of Flickr

It is my goal to end the stigma that comes with PTSD. I blog about PTSD once a week, searching the mountains of information out there and bringing you the best of what I find. I publish a weekly encouraging reflection and tweet encouraging quotes for PTSD survivors daily, follow me to be encouraged. Together we can make a difference.

When I'm not blogging about PTSD or trying to encourage those of you living with it I'm an author. I write romance. I just finished my first book and I am revising and editing it. With any luck it will be published later this year, in the meantime you can get a sample of my work on the web. Original work can be found here, and fanfiction can be found here. Let me know what you think, and tell me how you found me!

No comments:

Post a Comment